Active Directory is the system that manages logging into the University of Nairobi computers.
Active Directory offers
- Improved security for the University of Nairobi ICT services
- Automatic software updates and implementation of standards
- Significant move towards a single sign-on, as more services use the AD Logon
ICT officers in your campus will configure your workstation and ensure proper settings are in place for use of Active Directory.
What will be different?
There will be changes to our computing environment as we move forward with this initiative:
- Your payroll no. will be your computer username and contact ICT support office for the initial password
- This will provide access to more campus resources
- You can log in to any computer on any campus that is on the UONBI domain with your payroll no. and password
- You'll have fewer passwords to remember
- Your computer will receive software updates and patches automatically for improved security